2018/19 marks Canberra’s biggest summer of cricket and our first International Test Cricket Match. We’re expecting large crowds and people coming to the test should keep this in mind and plan now for how they will get to and from the Cricket.
Getting to the Test Match
The best way to get to and from Manuka Oval for the Domain Test Cricket Match is to catch one of the many free chartered buses available from the City and Woden bus stations. Return chartered buses will also be available from Manuka Oval, back to the City and Woden bus stations.
Test Match attendees will receive free travel on the chartered buses or any other Transport Canberra bus service by showing the bus drivers their valid paper or mobile ticket. For Day 5, users will need to advise bus drivers that they will be attending the cricket as tickets are not available on this day.
Free Q-City shuttle buses will depart from Platform 1 at the City Interchange each day, and Platform 10 at the Woden bus station in time for the first ball.
The free shuttle buses will depart Manuka Oval between 5.00pm-6:45pm each day, returning patrons to the City and Woden bus stations.
Patrons should note that regular services will run throughout the Test Match.
Weekday services: Green Rapid Route 6 will be operating regular bus services to both Woden and the City on weekdays with stops on Giles Street (to Woden) and Eyre Street (to the City). These services operate every 15 minutes between 7:00am – 7:00pm.
Weekend services: Route 938 services departs from the same locations going in the same direction as mentioned above. The service operates every 30 minutes on both Saturday and Sunday.
Please note there may be fees associated with these services.
For more information, visit Transport Canberra
The drop off point for people catching a taxi to the game will be on Franklin Street at Manuka shopping centre.
The Uber collection points are at the Corner of Fitzroy Street and Empire Circuit, and Furneaux Street and Canberra Avenue.
Ride Share Services will be able to drop-off and/or pick-up patrons at two community drop areas which will be on the corner of Fitzroy Street and Empire Circuit and the corner of Furneax Street and Canberra Avenue. Paid Parking will be available at Telopea Park School on days one, two and three of the Test Match however it is advisable to avoid the school area on day four and five as the school will be re-opening for the year on Monday, 4 February.
To help with traffic management, the ACT Government will temporarily remove time-related parking restrictions between 7am and 11.59pm on 1-5 February 2019. Please refer to the map below for applicable areas.
It is important to note that paid parking will still be enforceable throughout the Test Match and parking inspectors will be active, if you park illegally you will be fined.
The ACT Government is currently trialing the ParkCBR smart phone application to assist in parking within the Manuka Shopping Precinct.
The following road closures will be in place across the five days of the Test Match
- There will be no vehicle access to the east and west side of Manuka Circle via Canberra Avenue and New South Wales Crescent.
- Local residents will be able to access and exit Fitzroy Street via the road closure at the junction of Fitzroy Street and Empire Circuit.
- Local residents will be able to access and exit the eastern side of Manuka Circuit via the road closure at the junction of Manuka Circuit and Telopea Park.
- The intersection of Manuka Circle and Oxley Street will be closed to all through traffic.
- Local residents will be able to access and exit Oxley Street via the road closure at the junction of Oxley Street and Giles Street.
- Periodic short term closures on the Eastern side of Manuka Circle for periods of peak ingress and egress (no more than 45 minutes per closure).
- Periodic short term closures of Oxley Street for periods of peak ingress and egress (no more than 45 minutes per closure).
- Periodic short term closures of the inside east-bound lane of Canberra Avenue (no more than 45 minutes per closure).