The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons entering Manuka Oval Canberra
- Patrons are admitted to the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the venue.
- Management reserves the right to search persons entering the venue by passing a portable electronic scanner over them.
- Patrons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the field of play will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Children (12 years and younger as defined in the Children and Young People Act 2008) must be supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times.
- Patron movements within Manuka Oval are subject to monitoring by closed circuit television. By entering the venue, patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio and visual.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests made by venue staff will be evicted.
- Persons caught damaging or vandalising any infrastructure at Manuka Oval will be evicted and be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons bringing personal items into Manuka Oval do so at their own risk and Manuka Oval will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from Manuka Oval by patrons.
- Smoking (inclusive of electronic cigarettes and similar devices) on the premises is NOT permitted.
- Umbrellas may be brought into the venue, but for the comfort of others should not be put up if it restricts any view of the playing field.
- Unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface within Manuka Oval is not permitted.
- Unauthorised capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted.
- Patrons are advised that they are at risk of being struck by a ball whilst viewing a sporting event at Manuka Oval and will not hold the venue liable for any loss, injury or damage as a result of being hit by a ball.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration (aerosol sunscreen NOT permitted).
- Patrons are prohibited from entering the venue in possession of external commercialised food (eg. McDonalds, KFC, etc). Patrons are permitted to enter the venue in possession of prepared food (eg: sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps).
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- From time to time events hosted at Manuka Oval may fall under the Major Events Act 2014 (ACT)
Note: For Australian Football League (AFL) matches, the conditions are to be read in conjunction with the AFL Venue Entry Policy.
Note: For Cricket Australia (CA) international and domestic matches, the conditions outlined above are to be read in conjunction with the following Cricket Australia policies:
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly;
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons;
- Refuse entry to patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited items into Manuka Oval;
- Refuse entry to patrons not complying with Venue Terms and Conditions.
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into Manuka Oval:
- Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, glass, cans or breakable/glass containers;
- Unauthorised Unmanned Aerial Devices / Drones;
- Opened or partially filled drink containers;
- Musical instruments, whistles or air horns;
- All animals except guiding, companion or hearing animals (Registration of the animal MUST be provided);
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles;
- Recording devices (used for commercial purposes);
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
- Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage;
- Any items or goods for sale;
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
- Fireworks/flares/laser devices;
- Tents, sun shelters, beach tents and like products;
- Any device that, in the opinion of management, has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance. This includes but is not limited to weapons, knives, spray cans or compressed air canisters;
- Other items as determined by Venue Management or Police from time to time.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into Manuka Oval:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption;
- Unopened Non-alcoholic beverages at or less than 1 litre for individual consumption (excluding glass, cans or breakable containers);
- Empty refillable water bottles or thermos up to 1 litre in volume are permitted upon inspection.
Alcohol Free Bay
Bay 3 on the Western side of Manuka Oval is a designated no-alcohol area.
No Smoking Policy
Manuka Oval is SMOKE-FREE for all events the venue. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes.
This means that smoking and using personal vaporisers is STRICTLY PROHIBITED within the entire venue with designated smoking areas outside of each entry point.
This policy will be monitored and enforced by Event Staff, Customer Service and Event Security. Patrons who contravene this policy may be removed from the venue.
All persons entering Manuka Oval are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors; and
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2010 (ACT).
- Patrons can voluntarily use the Check In CBR App once inside Manuka Oval
- The primary purchaser is also responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 Health Directions
- Please be advised that tickets purchased for games at Manuka Oval could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic as stipulated by the ACT Chief Health Officer in the Public Health Order Exemption
- The Manuka Oval Box Office is open for ticket sales on match day
- All patrons entering Manuka Oval must have a ticket, however children under 4 years are entitled to enter the ground at no charge and must be seated on the lap of an accompanying adult. If wish an under 4 years child to have a seat, you will need to purchase a junior ticket
- Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen
- Ticketek is the only official ticketing agent for matches at Manuka Oval
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
- Patrons will have a reserved seat for seating bays at the venue. The ticket will show a Bay, Row and Seat number. Patrons must sit in the designated seat, even during wet weather
- Patrons on the grass hill will have tickets that show a Bay and Row number, and are encouraged to practice physical distancing within the marked rows
- During cricket matches patrons are not permitted to cross behind the sight-screens
- Seating Plan Map
WHAT CAN I BRING INTO MANUKA OVAL?
- All bags are subject to inspection to verify permissible items
- Clear, see-through bags are permitted for entry subject to inspections if the contents cannot be clearly seen
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry – this includes items in clear, see-through bags
- At the time of entry, patrons are permitted to carry essential items:
- either in your hand or pockets
- in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified
- including individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar
- including one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 1L in size
- including items such as nappies, wipes, and formula for infants
- including one blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length
- Umbrellas can be used but must not interfere with other people’s viewing.
WHAT CAN’T I BRING INTO MANUKA OVAL?
- Hard sided eskies are not permitted
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests may be asked to provide their name when entering the corporate area
- The corporate dress code will be applicable.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Patrons are advised that parking is limited around the venue and should refer to the Parking Map (PDF)
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page on the Manuka Oval website for the final bus schedule.
- Additional information relating to public transport can be found at the Transport Canberra page.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- The drop off and pick up points for Manuka Oval are the corner of Fitzroy St and Empire Circuit or the corner of Furneax Street and Canberra Avenue.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I get tickets to the games? Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Patrons wishing to buy tickets will be able to purchase them via Ticketek.
The Manuka Oval Box Office will be open on match day for ticket purchases. There will be staffing in the box office to provide assistance for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering.
How do I access my ticket?
Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
Can I give my ticket to someone else?
No – Tickets are strictly non-transferrable. Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue or access hospitality. You may be asked to produce your ID to be verified against your ticket.
Should I make any special arrangements before arriving at Manuka Oval?
Arrive as early as possible, as there may be delays upon entering the venue. Always practice safe physical distancing and hygiene practices where possible to do so.
You may be requested to present your belongings to security guards for inspection if items inside cannot be clearly seen.
What should I do if I begin to feel unwell?
Before attending the venue, patrons are urged to continue to protect themselves and the community by:
- Maintaining good hand hygiene
- Physical distancing
- Staying home if unwell and getting tested
- Voluntarily checking in using the Check In CBR app; and
- Monitoring the latest travel advice.
On match day, patrons who are feeling unwell should notify a customer service attendant or first aid officer on site immediately to ask for assistance.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell after the game?
Seek medical advice immediately and get tested as soon as possible.
Are bags allowed into Manuka Oval?
- Clear, see-through bags are permitted into the venue, but patrons are encouraged to bring limited, essential items to the match. Not bringing bags reduces the risk of crowding and makes it easier for people to physically distance when entering the ground
- Security must search bags which can be time consuming and cause congestion at entry points
- You can carry individual food items or other items such as nappies and baby food in clear or sealed packaging.
Can I be dropped off and picked up at Manuka Oval?
Game day drop-off/collection points are in place on the corner of Empire Circuit and Manuka Circle, as well as the corner of Furneaux St and Canberra Ave.
What are the gate opening times?
Gate open times are listed at the top of this page and the Manuka Oval events page.
What happens in the event of wet weather?
Cricket Australia will determine any changes to a match and Cricket Australia’s ticket refund conditions will apply.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
- Select food and beverage outlets will be open including gluten free and vegetarian options
- For cricket matches beer is limited to mid strength only
- Please always practice physical distancing and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff.
In addition to the FAQs, please read the corporate FAQs if you are a nominated hospitality ticket holder.
How do I enter the venue?
Corporate guests are required to enter the venue via the gate nominated on the ticket.
How do I access my ticket?
Ticketing and event information for matches will be sent to you directly by the club.
Can I give my ticket to someone else for hospitality?
Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue and access hospitality. If this person cannot attend the game, the ticket is non-transferrable.
What food and beverage service can I expect?
Guests will be provided a hospitality package, including food and beverage.
NOTE – These conditions of entry may be subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will be displayed at each point of entry.
For further information, email Manuka Oval or call (02) 6228 0304.