VENUE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons entering Manuka Oval. These conditions of entry may be subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will be displayed at each point of entry.
- Patrons are admitted to the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the venue.
- Management reserves the right to search persons entering the venue by passing a portable electrical scanner over them.
- Patrons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the field of play will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Children (12 years and younger) as defined in the Children and Young People Act 2008 must be always supervised by a responsible adult or guardian.
- Patron movements within Manuka Oval are subject to monitoring by closed circuit television. By entering the venue, patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio and visual.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, racially vilify others, cause a disturbance, or refuse to comply with requests made by venue staff or security will be evicted.
- Persons caught damaging, vandalising or interfering with any infrastructure at Manuka Oval will be evicted and liable for prosecution.
- Patrons bringing personal items into Manuka Oval do so at their own risk. Manuka Oval will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management however Manuka Oval accepts no responsibility for lost property.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from Manuka Oval by patrons.
- Smoking, vaping and the use of electronic cigarettes or similar devices on the premises is not permitted.
- Umbrellas may be brought into the venue, but for the comfort of others should not be put up if it restricts any view of the playing field for other patrons.
- Unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface within Manuka Oval is not permitted.
- Unauthorised capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted.
- Patrons understand that they are at risk at being struck by a ball whilst viewing a sporting event at Manuka Oval and will not hold the venue liable for any loss, injury, or damage as a result of being struck by a ball.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration when attending matches at the venue (note that aerosol sunscreen is NOT permitted).
- Patrons are prohibited from entering the venue in possession of external commercialised food and drinks (e.g., McDonalds, KFC etc).
- Seats flip up automatically. Patrons are reminded to check seats before sitting down.
- From time to time, events hosted at Manuka Oval may fall under the Major Events Act 2014 (ACT) which may result in amendments to the Manuka Oval conditions of entry.
- For Cricket Australia (CA) and Australian Football League (AFL & AFLW) matches, these conditions are to be read in conjunction with the Cricket Australia and Australian Football League Event Conditions.
- Ticketek is the official agent for all ticketed events at Manuka Oval. Please be aware that tickets purchased from providers other than Ticketek may not be valid, and you may be refused entry.
- Patrons may be asked to verify their identify against their ticket/s.
- Patrons are required to sit in their designated seat, as indicated on their ticket, including in inclement weather.
- For general admission (GA) tickets, patrons are required to sit in the Bay or designated areas as indicated on their ticket or as directed by Manuka Oval staff.
Restricted / Prohibited Items
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into Manuka Oval:
- Illicit drugs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass, breakable glass containers; including opened or partially filled drink containers
- Offensive weapons such as knives, bladed weapons, or firearms; including toy, replica, or imitation weapons
- Fireworks, flares, explosive devises, or laser devices
- Unauthorised unmanned Aerial Devices / Drones
- Loud hailers, musical instruments, whistles, air horns, vuvuzelas or, portable speakers
- All animals, except guiding, companion, or hearing animals (evidence of registration of the animal must be provided)
- Skateboards, scooters, e-scooters, roller blades, tricycles, bicycles, segways, hover boards or battery powered transportation devices other than electric wheelchairs
- Recording devices, video cameras and equipment including tripods and sound equipment (accredited media excepted)
- Cameras with detachable lenses larger than 200mm
- Any flag poles over 1.5m in length, or flag/ banners over 1m x 1m in size (excluding those with prior written approval)
- Commercial, political, religious, or offensive clothing, banners, logos, or signage
- Aerosol cans, including aerosol sunscreens
- Glass containers with aerosols/liquids, e.g., perfumes
- Hard eskies or hard wall coolers with an internal capacity larger than 6 Litres or a height, width, or length over 40cm
- Soft cooler bags with no hard walls and / or lid are not subject to a size limit
- Chairs/stools/bean bags or other furniture
- Tents, sun shelters, beach tents, and like products
- Any items or goods for sale
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat (including prams that do not fold)
- Spray cans or compressed air canisters
- Any device that, in the opinion of management, has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance or detract from patron experience and enjoyment
- Other items as determined by venue management.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into Manuka Oval:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps etc, for individual consumption
- Unopened, non-alcoholic beverages at or less than 1 litre, for individual consumption (excluding glass, cans, or breakable containers) and
- Empty, refillable water bottles or thermos up to 1 litre are permitted upon inspection.
Alcohol Free Bay
Manuka Oval provides a designated alcohol-free bay which may vary between events. Patrons are advised to check the location of the alcohol-free bay carefully prior to purchasing tickets.
No Smoking Policy
A non-smoking policy is in place for all seated areas, thoroughfare, and concourse areas. This means that smoking, vaping, and the use of e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited. Patrons must exit the venue to smoke, vape or use e-cigarettes.
This policy will be monitored and enforced by event, customer service and event security staff. Patrons who contravene this policy may be removed from the venue.
All persons entering Manuka Oval are advised that:
- They are entering a licensed premises
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2010.
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to refuse entry to:
- Any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or engaging in anti-social behaviour
- Any unauthorised persons
- Patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited items into Manuka Oval and
- Any patron who fails to comply with Venue or Hirer Terms and Conditions.
For further information, email Manuka Oval or call (02) 6228 0304.