Cricket ACT have named the 12-man squad who will play in a curtain raiser against Papua New Guinea at Manuka Oval before the Prime Minister’s XI on the 15th February and tickets, which includes both games, are still available.
The team will exclusively be comprised of McDonald’s Premier Cricket players, with each ACT cricket club having at least one player in the side.
- Aiden Blizzard (ANU)
- Jono Dean (Weston Creek Molonglo)
- John Rogers (C) (Weston Creek Molonglo)
- Matthew Gilkes (Weston Creek Molonglo)
- Michael Spaseski (Eastlake)
- Dean Solway (Queanbeyan)
- Tom Engelbrecht (Western District-UC)
- Sam Skelly (Western District-UC)
- Ben Taylor (North Canberra-Gungahlin)
- Benji Floros (Tuggeranong)
- Joe Slater (Weston Creek Molonglo)
- Cameron Suidgeest (Ginninderra)
Cricket ACT’s General Manager of High Performance, Aiden Blizzard, said selecting this team with representatives from each club was an easy decision.
“The McDonald’s ACT Premier Cricket Competition features the best players in the Capital region, it was an easy decision to select an ACT team that included a player from each club,” said Blizzard.
“I’ve played alongside and coached these players through the iCollege ACT Comets, we have every confidence in their abilities to be competitive with a strong PNG team who are turning heads around the world with their performances.”
“Playing a curtain raiser before an international fixture against an ICC nationally ranked side will offer an incredible opportunity for the boys to gain exposure to cricket at a high level. We are really hopeful the Canberra community will come to the ground early and support the match.”