Please check this page before matches as conditions may change.
GAME DAY INFORMATION
6 December 2021 – Big Bash League: Sydney Thunder v Brisbane Heat
– Purchase tickets from Ticketek (TBC)
– Online ticket sales end at the start of half-time. No tickets are available from the box office at the venue.
– Gates Open: TBC
– Parking information
– Free game day bus
In addition to Manuka Oval’s usual Conditions of Entry, additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic:
- The current venue capacity of Manuka Oval is 100% and has been approved by ACT Health
- Patrons are encouraged to use the Check In CBR App once inside Manuka Oval. Hover your smartphone over the displayed QR code. You can also list additional people (including children) when checking in
- The primary purchaser is also responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 health directions.
- Please note that you will be sitting next to other patrons at the venue. Patrons must remain in allocated seats during the match for the purpose of contact tracing.
- There will be a police presence to support the ACT Public Health Directions and to keep players, patrons and the CBR community safe.
- Keep up-to-date on the changing situation by visiting www.covid-19.act.gov.au
- For the latest travel advice on entering the ACT please visit here
- The ACT Government also has a helpline to assist Canberrans through the challenges of COVID-19. The COVID-19 Helpline is (02) 6207 7244 and is available from 8am-midnight daily.
- Please be advised that tickets purchased for games at Manuka Oval could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic as stipulated by the ACT Chief Health Officer in the Public Health Order Exemption
- Ticket sales to the games at Manuka Oval will end at the time specified above in line with changed COVID-19 directions. Any time-gap allows the venue to verify all ticket-purchasers to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event
- The Manuka Oval Box Office will be closed for ticket sales on match day. Assistance will be available for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of 5
- Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
- Ticketek is the only official ticketing agent for matches at Manuka Oval
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
- Patrons will have a reserved seat for seating bays at the venue. The ticket will show a Bay, Row and seat number. Patrons must sit in the designated Bay, Row and seat number, even during wet weather. This does not apply to patrons with designated tickets to the grass hill. Patrons seated in this area are reminded they should practice physical distancing within the marked rows.
- Reserved seating is used to enhance tracing procedures, please contact venue management or attend the ticket box if you have queries and alternative arrangements will be considered where possible
- Return to your seat after a food or bathroom break so queues can be managed in a COVID safe way.
- Seating Plan Map
WHAT CAN I BRING INTO MANUKA OVAL?
- All bags are subject to inspection to verify permissible items
- Clear, see-through bags are permitted for entry subject to inspections if the contents cannot be clearly seen
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry – this includes items in clear, see-through bags.
- At the time of entry, patrons are permitted to carry essential items:
- either in your hand or pockets
- in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified
- in a small purse – the size restriction of 20cm x 15cm applies
- including individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar
- including one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 1L in size
- including items such as nappies, wipes, and formula for infants
- including one blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length
- Umbrellas can be used but must not interfere with other people’s viewing.
WHAT CAN’T I BRING INTO MANUKA OVAL?
- Eskies and cooler bags
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Balls of any kind
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests must provide their name and contact phone number when entering the corporate area
- The corporate dress code will be applicable
- The corporate areas allow up to the current venue capacity.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Patrons are advised that parking is limited around the venue and should refer to the Parking Map (PDF)
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page on the Manuka Oval website for the final bus schedule.
- Additional information relating to public transport and COVID-19 can found at the ACT Government COVID-19 Community Transport page.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- The drop off and pick up points for Manuka Oval are the corner of Fitzroy St and Empire Circuit or the corner of Furneax Street and Canberra Avenue.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I get tickets to the games? Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Patrons wishing to buy tickets will be able to purchase them via Ticketek.
Please note that the Manuka Oval Box Office will be closed on match day for ticket purchases. There will be staffing in the box office to provide assistance for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering..
Can I sit next to my friends or my family members?
You can sit with family or friends provided the tickets have been purchased together. This event is a reserved seating event. Patrons are required to sit in the allocated Bay, Row and Seat number which is shown on your ticket. For those with grass bank tickets, patrons should practice physical distancing.
Can I take transport to Manuka Oval?
Bus services provided by QCity will be available to and from the venue. Information relating to public transport and COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/help-and-advice/travelling-and-transport
How do I access my ticket?
Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
Can I give my ticket to someone else?
No – Tickets are strictly non-transferrable. Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue or access hospitality. You may be asked to produce your ID to be verified against your ticket.
Should I make any special arrangements before arriving at Manuka Oval?
Arrive as early as possible, as there may be delays upon entering the venue. Always practice safe physical distancing and hygiene practices where possible to do so.
You may be requested to present your belongings to security guards for inspection. No bags are permissible into the venue and all belongings must be kept on you and able to be carried in.
What should I do if I begin to feel unwell?
Staff, visitors and contractors are not to attend any venue if they:
- Have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in in the last 14 days (in particular fever, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, sore throat)
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Have had close contact with or cared for someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
Patrons are asked to apply COVID-19 recommended hygiene procedures at all times whilst in attendance at the venue – information to be found at: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/. On match day, patrons who are feeling unwell should notify a customer service attendant or first aid officer on site immediately to ask for assistance.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell after the game?
Seek medical advice immediately and get tested as soon as possible.
What can I bring into Manuka Oval?
Full details of Manuka Oval’s Conditions of Entry and the temporary Terms and Conditions in place as a result of COVID-19, are available at www.manukaoval.com.au. Ticketholders will also receive information which includes key game day information.
Are bags allowed into Manuka Oval?
- Bags are not permissible currently, all items brought in must be able to be carried by hand or in your worn clothing
- Security guards must search every bag that enters Manuka Oval which can be time consuming and causes congestion
- Not bringing bags reduces the risk of crowding and makes it easier for people to physically distance when entering the ground
- You can carry individual food items or other items such as nappies and baby food in clear or sealed packaging.
Can I be dropped off and picked up at Manuka Oval?
Game day drop-off/collection points are in place on the corner of Empire Circuit and Manuka Circle, as well as the corner of Furneaux St and Canberra Ave.
What are the gate opening times?
Gate open times are listed at the top of this page and the Manuka Oval events page. It should be noted that there will be no player greetings available. Patrons will be instructed to leave immediately after the match concludes.
What happens in the event of wet weather?
The AFL will determine any changes to a match and the AFL’s ticket refund conditions will apply.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
- Select food and beverage outlets will be open including gluten free and vegetarian options
- Beer is limited to mid strength only
- Avoid large crowds during breaks, time your food or drink purchases for periods when there are fewer people queued
- Please always practice physical distancing and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff
- Please return to your seat after purchasing food or beverages.
In addition to the FAQs, please read the corporate FAQs if you are a nominated hospitality ticket holder.
How do I enter the venue?
Corporate guests are required to enter the venue via the gate nominated on the ticket.
How do I access my ticket?
Ticketing and event information for matches will be sent to you directly by the club.
Can I give my ticket to someone else for hospitality?
Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue and access hospitality. If this person cannot attend the game, the ticket is non-transferrable.
What food and beverage service can I expect?
Guests will be provided a hospitality package, including food and beverage. This will be provided in line with current COVID-19 hospitality guidelines.