Important information for ticket holders to the following match at Manuka Oval:
18 January 2021: BBL – Sydney Thunder v Hobart Hurricanes
- Public health directions are currently in place for anyone who has been in a COVID-19 affected area of New South Wales, find more on the NSW travel page. Non-ACT residents who have been in COVID-19 affected areas in the last 14 days are legally not permitted to enter the ACT.
- If you attended the MCG on Dec 27, seated in the Great Southern Stand, Zone 5, between 12:30pm – 3:30pm, we recommend you do not purchase a ticket to the BBL matches at Manuka Oval.
- There will be increased Police presence to support the ACT Public Health Directions and to keep players, patrons and the CBR community safe.
- If you have been in an affected area, you will get a refund to the match. If you bought through Ticketek you can apply for a refund here up to 72 hours after the match has been played. Please ensure to enter the “Event Name” as “BBL Manuka Oval Refund” when submitting your request.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to follow the health advice and do what we can to ensure we keep ourselves and the community safe. We ask you to:
o Physically distancing from other groups whenever possible
o Continue good hand and respiratory hygiene
o Stay home if you are unwell
o Get tested if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- The ACT Government has a dedicated COVID-19 website for all information about the health and economic response to the pandemic in the ACT. For further information visit www.covid19.act.gov.au.
- The ACT Government also has a helpline to assist Canberrans through the challenges of COVID-19. The COVID-19 Helpline is (02) 6207 7244 and is available from 7am-midnight daily.
Please check this page before matches as conditions may change.
Please be advised that tickets purchased for games at Manuka Oval could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic as stipulated by the ACT Chief Health Officer in the Public Health Order Exemption.
To assist with contact tracing, all patrons are encouraged to install the COVIDSafe App before entering the venue.
In addition to Manuka Oval’s usual Conditions of Entry, additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, for the following matches:
Ticket sales to the games at Manuka Oval will end at 6pm the day before the event in line with changed COVID-19 directions. This time-gap allows the venue to verify all ticket-purchasers to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event. Don’t miss out on watching your favourite teams battle it out, visit https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BBL21 and get your tickets today!
- Monday 18 January 2021: BBL – Sydney Thunder v Hobart Hurricanes
– Ticket sales end: 6pm before match day
– Gates open: 6:15pm
– Match starts: 7:15pm
- For these matches, the venue can host up to 65 per cent of the seating capacity, approximately 6,000 spectators.
- The capacity restrictions for all corporate areas remain in place.
- Practice good hand and respiratory hygiene – wash or sanitise your hands regularly and when you cough/sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow.
- For up to date information on COVID-19 in the ACT please visit covid-19.act.gov.au.
- For the latest travel advice on entering the ACT please visit here.
- For easier access, patrons are asked to enter through the gate provided on their ticket; there will be restrictions in movement around the inner bowl.
- Unauthorised entry into controlled areas at Manuka Oval will result in eviction from the venue – this includes the Field of Play and the first two rows of each bay.
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of five.
- Patrons will have a reserved seat. The ticket will show a Bay, Row and seat number. Patrons must sit in the designated Bay, Row and seat number.
- Return to your seat after a food or bathroom break so queues can be managed in a COVID safe way.
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
- Manuka Oval has been approved by ACT Health for a 65% capacity crowd at BBL matches. Reserved seating is used to enhance tracing procedures and this means that you may be seated next to another person/group. Please contact Venue Management or attend the ticket box on game day if you have any queries and alternative arrangements will be considered where possible.
- Seating Plan Map
What can’t I bring into Manuka Oval?
- Any type of bag including a backpack, handbag, camera bag, lunchbox or plastic bags
- Jackets or items of clothing may not be carried into the venue – they must be worn at the time of entry
- Eskies and cooler bags
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, saxophones, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Balls of any kind
What can I bring into Manuka Oval?
You may carry permitted items on you at time of entry either in your hand or pockets and you may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification at time of entry.
- You may carry small purses without a shoulder strap; Size restriction of 20cm x 15cm applies.
- You may carry individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar;
- One sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 1L in size;
- Patrons attending with an infant may bring a large size, clear zip-lock bag into the venue to carry required items such as nappies, wipes and formula;
- One blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security.
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests must sign a registration sheet with their name and contact phone number when entering the corporate area; and
- The corporate dress code will be applicable;
- The corporate areas meet current guidelines of 1:2sqm spacing.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Patrons are advised that parking is limited around the venue and should refer to the Parking Map (PDF)
Patrons are reminded to practice physical distancing while attending fixtures at Manuka Oval particularly when entering and exiting the venue.
Travelling by bus
- Buses will operate at a reduced capacity in line with current guidelines for public transport;
- Patrons are asked to adhere to 1.5m physical distancing when queuing for buses;
- During the process of obtaining your access ticket to Manuka Oval via the Ticketek system you may be prompted to indicate if you are intending to travel to the game via Bus. If so, please follow the prompts. This will assist with transport planning;
- Please check the transport page on the Manuka Oval website for the final bus schedule.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- The usual drop off and pick up points for Manuka Oval will apply, these being the corner of Fitzroy St and Empire Circuit or the corner of Furneax Street and Canberra Avenue.
- Please adhere to the 1.5m physical distancing when queuing for taxis or rideshare services to and from Manuka Oval.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I get tickets to the games? Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Patrons wishing to buy tickets will be able to purchase them via www.cricket.com.au. Please note that due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, there will be a reduced venue capacity at Manuka Oval for cricket fixtures.
The Manuka Oval Box Office will be closed on match day for ticket purchases. There will be staffing in the box office to provide assistance for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering.
Can I sit next to my friends or my family members?
You can sit with family or friends provided the tickets have been purchased together. This event is a reserved seating event. Patrons are required to sit in the allocated Bay, Row and Seat number which is shown on your ticket.
Can I take transport to Manuka Oval?
Bus services provided by QCity will be available to and from the venue. Information relating to public transport and COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/help-and-advice/travelling-and-transport
How do I access my ticket?
Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
Can I give my ticket to someone else?
No – Tickets are strictly non-transferrable. You may be asked to produce your ID to be verified against your ticket.
Should I make any special arrangements before arriving at Manuka Oval?
Arrive as early as possible, as there may be delays upon entering the venue. Always practice safe physical distancing and hygiene practices.
You may be requested to present your belongings to security guards for inspection. No bags are permissible into the venue and all belongings must be kept on you and able to be carried in.
What should I do if I begin to feel unwell?
Stay home if you are unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and a runny or blocked nose.
Staff, visitors and contractors are not to attend any venue if they:
- Have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in in the last 14 days (in particular fever, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, sore throat).
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Have had close contact with or cared for someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
Patrons are asked to apply COVID-19 recommended hygiene procedures at all times whilst in attendance at the venue – information to be found at: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/. On match day, patrons who are feeling unwell should notify a customer service attendant or first aid officer on site immediately to ask for assistance.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell after the game?
Seek medical advice immediately and get tested as soon as possible.
What can I bring into Manuka Oval?
Full details of Conditions of Entry will be communicated to ticketholders directly by Cricket Australia or via Ticketek, including the additional temporary conditions of entry relating to these matches due to COVID-19.
No signs will be permitted unless otherwise authorised by Manuka Oval.
All blankets must be able to be held up for inspection.
Are bags allowed into Manuka Oval?
Bags are not permissible currently, all items brought in must be able to be carried by hand or in your worn clothing.
Can I be dropped off and picked up at Manuka Oval?
Regular gameday drop-off/collection points will be in place on the corner of Empire Circuit and Manuka Circle, as well as the corner of Furneaux St and Canberra Ave.
What are the gate opening times?
Please refer to www.cricket.com.au for details on gate open times. It should be noted that there will be no player greetings available. Patrons will be instructed to leave immediately after the match concludes.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
Select food and beverage outlets will be open. Please always practice physical distancing and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff.
Avoid large crowds during the innings break, time your food or drink purchases for periods when there are fewer people queued.
- A limited food and beverage menu will be available including gluten free and vegetarian options.
- Beer is limited to mid strength only.
- Please return to your seat after purchasing food or beverages.
In addition to the FAQs, please read the corporate FAQs if you are a nominated hospitality ticket holder.
How do I enter the venue?
Corporate guests are required to enter the venue via the turnstiles at the Main Gate. Patrons are advised to enter the gate that is stated on their ticket, these being the eastern or western entrances.
How do I access my ticket?
Ticketing and event information for matches will be sent to you directly by Cricket Australia’s Hospitality team.
Can I give my ticket to someone else for hospitality?
Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue and access hospitality. If this person cannot attend the game, the ticket is non-transferrable.
What food and beverage service can I expect?
Due to restrictions on the provision of food and drinks, guests will be provided individual meals. Drinks will also be served using a contactless service option.