The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons entering Manuka Oval Canberra
- Patrons are admitted to the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the venue.
- Management reserves the right to search persons entering the venue by passing a portable electronic scanner over them.
- Patrons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the field of play will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Children (12 years and younger as defined in the Children and Young People Act 2008) must be supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times.
- Patron movements within Manuka Oval are subject to monitoring by closed circuit television. By entering the venue, patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio and visual.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests made by venue staff will be evicted.
- Persons caught damaging or vandalising any infrastructure at Manuka Oval will be evicted and be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons bringing personal items into Manuka Oval do so at their own risk and Manuka Oval will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from Manuka Oval by patrons.
- Smoking (inclusive of electronic cigarettes and similar devices) on the premises is NOT permitted.
- Umbrellas may be brought into the venue, but for the comfort of others should not be put up if it restricts any view of the playing field.
- Unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface within Manuka Oval is not permitted.
- Unauthorised capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted.
- Patrons are advised that they are at risk of being struck by a ball whilst viewing a sporting event at Manuka Oval and will not hold the venue liable for any loss, injury or damage as a result of being hit by a ball.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration (aerosol sunscreen NOT permitted).
- Patrons are prohibited from entering the venue in possession of external commercialised food (eg. McDonalds, KFC, etc). Patrons are permitted to enter the venue in possession of prepared food (eg: sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps).
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- From time to time events hosted at Manuka Oval may fall under the Major Events Act 2014 (ACT)
Note: For Australian Football League (AFL) matches, the conditions are to be read in conjunction with the AFL Venue Entry Policy.
Note: For Cricket Australia (CA) international and domestic matches, the conditions outlined above are to be read in conjunction with the following Cricket Australia policies:
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly;
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons;
- Refuse entry to patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited items into Manuka Oval.
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into Manuka Oval:
- Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, glass, cans or breakable/glass containers;
- Unauthorised Unmanned Aerial Devices / Drones;
- Opened or partially filled drink containers;
- Musical instruments, whistles or air horns;
- All animals except guiding, companion or hearing animals (Registration of the animal MUST be provided);
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles;
- Recording devices (used for commercial purposes);
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
- Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage;
- Any items or goods for sale;
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
- Fireworks/flares/laser devices;
- Tents, sun shelters, beach tents and like products;
- Any device that, in the opinion of management, has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance. This includes but is not limited to weapons, knives, spray cans or compressed air canisters;
- Other items as determined by Venue Management or Police from time to time.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into Manuka Oval:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption;
- Unopened Non-alcoholic beverages at or less than 1 litre for individual consumption (excluding glass, cans or breakable containers);
- Empty refillable water bottles or thermos up to 1 litre in volume are permitted upon inspection.
Alcohol Free Bay
Bay 3 on the Western side of Manuka Oval is a designated no-alcohol area.
No Smoking Policy
Manuka Oval is now SMOKE-FREE for all events the venue. This means that smoking is STRICTLY PROHIBITED within the entire venue with designated smoking areas outside of each entry point.
This policy will be monitored and enforced by Event Staff, Customer Service and Event Security. Patrons who contravene this policy may be removed from the venue.
All persons entering Manuka Oval are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors; and
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2010 (ACT).
NOTE – These conditions of entry may be subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will be displayed at each point of entry.
For further information, email Manuka Oval or call (02) 6228 0304.